Privacy Statement - Exolon Group
The protection of your privacy when processing your data is a matter of importance to Exolon Group NV that is taken into consideration in all of our business processes. Therefore, we would like to take this opportunity to explain the basic principles we apply in handling your personal data. This and possibly additional information is always provided whenever such data is collected.
1. Who we are:
As data controller, we respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with applicable data protection laws and as described in this policy. Applicable data protection laws include (i) the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) (“GDPR”); and (ii) all other existing or new applicable laws relating to or impacting on the processing of personal data of a living person and privacy.
If you have any questions, you can contact Exolon Group by writing to the above address or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The personal data we collect about you and the purposes for which we collect it.
2.1 Categories of personal data
- Contact details / identification details
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers,) when you register on our website, when you place an order to receive a service or a product from us, when you contact us (by filling out a contact form on our website, writing via the provided address or sending an e-mail), when you make an inquiry or request certain materials.
- Data related to the transmission of electronic communications
When registering on our website, we also collect your IP address and the date and time of registration are saved.
- Technical access data
When you visit our website, Exolon Group collects data and information through an automated system. However, in general, this information is not used to identify the users of our website. Technical access data stored in the log files of the server includes, for instance, the following data:
- Information on the user’s browser type and version
- The user’s operating system
- The user's internet service provider
- The user’s IP address
- The date and time of access
- Websites by which the user’s system was referred to our website (referrer)
- Websites accessed by the user’s system through our website.
2.2 Purpose and legal ground under the GDPR
We may collect, store and use your personal information above for the following purposes and based on the following legal ground:
- identify you and manage any account you hold with us (consent – article 6.1.(a) GDPR) - failure to provide consent for this purpose would prevent the creation of any account;
- to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for or to provide information you have requested (performance of a contract – article 6.1.(b) GDPR) – failure to provide consent for this purpose would prevent us from providing you with any assistance;
- to respond to your online queries and provide you with services that you may request (performance of a contract – article 6.1.(b) GDPR) - failure to provide consent for this purpose would prevent us from following up your requests;
- deal with payment for our services/products (performance of a contract – article 6.1.(b) GDPR) - failure to provide consent for this purpose would prevent us from entering into a contract with you;
- resolve disputes or collect overdue payments (legitimate interest – article 6.1.(f) GDPR) - failure to provide consent for this purpose would prevent us from entering a contract with you and enforce our rights;
- to make our website and its content available to you (legitimate interest – article 6.1.(f) GDPR) - failure to provide consent for this purpose would prevent us from granting you access to the website;
- to deliver the content of our website, to ensure the functionality of our IT systems and the optimization of our website, as well as to safeguard our legitimate interests in order to arrange for clarification in the event of unauthorized or attempted access to our website; (legitimate interest – article 6.1.(f) GDPR) - failure to provide consent for this purpose would prevent us from granting you access to the website and
- to prevent the misuse of the services (legitimate interest – article 6.1.(f) GDPR – failure to provide data for this purpose would prevent us from granting you access to the website.
3. How we share your personal data and who we share it with
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party, except as described in this policy.
3.2 Compliance with laws and legal proceedings
We may disclose your personal data where:
- We are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
4. Storing your data
We store personal data for 3 years unless we are subject to other legal obligations such as commercial or tax law retention periods or those related to ongoing court proceedings.
5. Data security
Data you provide to us is protected using suitable technical and organizational measures, with the objective of securing it against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction, unauthorized access, or unauthorized disclosure to third parties. Our security measures are continuously reviewed and improved in accordance with technological developments and organizational possibilities.
6. Information about your rights
You have the right to:
- receive information on your personal data saved by us;
- where the processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any given time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- have your personal information corrected, deleted, or to have processing restricted;
- object to processing that serves our justifiable interest, the public interest, or profiling, unless we can show that there are mandatory grounds for this processing which outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms, or unless the processing is completed to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- the right to opt out of any direct marketing communications that we (with your consent) may send you.
- have your data transmitted to the extent allowed under the law, insofar the conditions under article 21 GDPR have been met, and
- submit a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. Please see further contact details below.
In case of any question please send an e-mail to email@example.com
7. Protecting the privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect personal data of children. Typically, we have no way of knowing how old visitors to our site are. Since it is highly important to us to protect children as they use the internet, we advise all parents and legal guardians to instruct children in a safe and responsible use of the internet. Children should not transmit personal data to Exolon Group without the express consent of their parents or legal guardians.
Exolon Group is responsible for the content of this website.
Wakkensesteenweg 47, 8700 Tielt, Belgium
Contact details of the data protection officer:
When contacting the data protection officer, please state the company to which your inquiry relates. Please refrain from enclosing sensitive information such as a copy of an ID card with your request.
Ongoing development on the internet requires that we adjust our data privacy declaration from time to time. We reserve the right to make such changes at any time.
Last updated on 2022-05-23