A lightweight and durable alternative to glass, solid polycarbonate sheets from Exolon Group are a sleek and versatile material for use in passenger vehicles as well as heavy duty equipment. With crystal-clear visibility and unparalleled impact resistance, these polycarbonate windscreen and safety glazing materials offer the ideal combination of safety, form and function.
Benefits at a glance
- Safety – Extreme impact resistance complies with ISO8083 and ISO8084 regulations for protective structures.
- Visibility – A clear view is ensured via expert extrusion and weather- and scratch-resistant surface treatment.
- Design freedom – Solid polycarbonate sheets can be thermoformed or cold-bent to fit virtually any vehicle window or cab.
- Sustainability – Save fuel with safety glazing and windscreen materials just half the weight of glass, and recyclable in compliance with the EU End-of-Life Vehicles Regulation 2000/53/EC.
Polycarbonate sheet materials in automotive applications
Solid polycarbonate sheets from Exolon Group can be used in the following automotive applications, among others:
- Rear and side view windscreen materials in street vehicles
- Front windscreen material for recreational, racing vehicles, police cars or any other specialised vehicles.
- Materials for sunroofs and panorama roofs
- Lightweight alternative to cab glass in tractors, forestry vehicles, etc.
- Materials for safety glazing and tractor window guards
Case study: Polycarbonate safety glazing for John Deere E model cabs
||Material: Solid GP 099 polycarbonate sheets with 12mm thickness
In processing large trees, forestry workers require vehicles that offer extreme impact safety as well as optimal visibility. For their E-Series of logging vehicles, John Deere selected GP 099 solid polycarbonate sheets from Exolon Group. Able to withstand impacts of up to 11,600 joules and a static load capacity of up to 17,800 newtons, these cab window materials offer drivers optimum protection with a 360 view.